aSpeedCam ScannerFix is an advanced vehicle digital dashboard featured by HUD MODE and onboard FIXED SPEED CAMERAS DATABASE.
aSpeedCam ScannerFix visualizies your
- current speed,
- average speed,
- trip elapsed time,
- distance/time and direction to stored Home location,
- home location and starting point of your trip;
- maximum reached speed, maximum altitude and maximum distance to starting point for the current trip and all the trips your ever did.
Also it shows
- positions of the nearest known speed cameras within an adjustible range;
- color coded distance to the nearest known speed camera;
The fixed cameras database includes an information about speed cameras in
- Europe (whole EU)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
NOTE: It's not guaranteed all speed cameras in your area are included into the database. However, we will release database updates right after the new information will become available.
Tapping the "HUD" icon mirrors all the text, so if you position the iPhone horizontally under your car's windscreen you can see perfectly readable half-transparent reflection of the picture displayed.
We love this mode! We found it much more convenient compared to traditional car dashboards (especially on the roads of Western Europe, which are full of speed cameras and where you need to watch your speedometer all the time). And last but not the least - it just looks cool.
Note: this mode works pretty well at night time and twilight, but on direct sunlight the screen brightness can be insufficient.
- Landscape and portrait screen modes supported
- You can choose between 5 different color themes.
- Speed log chart is located below the camera data.
- aSpeedCam ScannerFix can keep track on 4 speed limits, giving a warning (sound and visual) each time you crossing it. Normally, it's legal speed limits within cities, local roads and high-speed motorways. "Never exceed speed" is the speed you should not exceed under any conditions. For example, it can be a technical limit of your vehicle or the point where government can arrest your driving license.
- Direct distance/time to Home location display: the time is calculated on a basis of your current speed, and should be understood as "minimal time necessary to get to stored Home location on a direct line with current speed". Home location can be reset by tapping the "lightning" icon, located next to the distance;
- Several sound options available: "Electro", "Beep" (just another sound to mark the speed limits) and "Morse", when aSpeedCam ScannerFix beeps morse-code for "ONE" when you crossing the first speed limit, "TWO" for second, and "THREE" for third. The startup sound is morse-coded word "HELLO".
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions about additional functionality, there is a big chance they will be implemented in next version. Please forward your requests or bug reports to email@example.com